Monday, July 24, 2017

A part of me must go in order for me to grow.



     Someone once told me that I am in love with the idea of being in love... Yeah what the heck does that mean right? Well, the thought of being with that special person, being in love, and growing together is a wonderful thought. Creating memories together, starting a family, and supporting each other’s dreams.... I know I am not crazy for wanting this. It just seems to be a figment of my imagination now. When I come close to this dream, things always get in the way. I chalk it up to chance, or the devil being busy, or just one of life's challenges. I continue to reserve my time, effort, and energy for the possibility of love. Yet, I don't have it. I feel like I am climbing an endless mountain. The climate is getting worse, and the air is getting thinner. My life means too much to me to throw it away on a chance, or something that is unsure. Ok, this isn't life or death, but you know what I mean.
     I love my sister Tricy. She is like the physical version of my conscience. When I know I need to move in a certain direction, I call her and lay it all out. Once again, she has come through. We just keep it real with each other. What she advised me to do was to focus on what I have and not what I want, or hope for. Not saying give up completely, but focus on what you have control over. She's good. I think I’m going to start paying her lol lol.
     Back to me. Well,  work, organizations, karate, friendships, and love are always on my mind and splitting my attention. The splitting evens it out so that each area is present, but none can be strengthened because I am worn too thin. Love is in the lead. My schedule is cleared on purpose, and I have invested in other facets relating to my love life. I am making progress, but not as much as I would hope for. Now my other areas of control need my attention. But something must go.
     “Why don’t you do them all?” “Manage your time better.” “Just change your approach.” Blah Blah Blah..... I have heard almost all of it. Now me knowing myself, I tend to go all in when it comes to things. If I am going to in love, that's where my focus and energy will go. If I am focused on money, then the same thing applies. I have a fear... the fear of forgetting love for the sake of my other areas of control. Crazy huh?
     Now, back to the mountain.... I am calling in the chopper.... the emergency crew, and anybody else that can get me off of this mountain. The love mountain has defeated me. I am just tired of being tired. I need a break. Last time I climbed down from this mountain, I almost left it alone completely. I am off this for now. I will try to keep my mind open to the idea, but no more climbing. Next time I try to climb that mountain, I want her to be with me.
     I am strapping on my life jacket and packing my emergency flares. I am heading out to the sea known as my life. Organizations, karate, friendships, and work. It is time to just let love float behind as I attempt to regain control. Love I will miss you, but you are in the way of possible opportunities for me. 
   Well that's just where I am right now. I am going be here for a while and that's cool. Just more time for me. This is just me. It doesn't mean I am cutting anyone off or mad or upset, no not at all. I am just taking a chill pill. Sometimes you gotta take a step back and really check yourself. Gut check time for me. I am going to be a little down for a while, but the results will be worth it.


Peace, Love, and Hope to you all.
Thanks for reading my blog
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog. :)   (Original Post Date February 5th 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment